123.HP.COM/OJ5740 SETUP FOR PRINTER
123.hp.com/oj5740 setup printer is designed with the target of satisfying small and home office jobs. It is an all-in-one printer which is capable of printing, copying, scanning, and faxing. WiFi and NFC are built-in features. You can take the aid of these options to print directly from mobile device. The USB and SD card slots can be viewed behind a pivoting circular cover. Though USB socket is not supported with Pic Bridge, direct connection for digital camera is possible. Print quality is crisp, and you can get the best black text and bright printouts.
- All-in-one printer.
- Eprint enables you to print and affix the document as an attachment.
- Energy start Certified to save your power consumption.
- Duplex printing to reduce the paper usage.
PRINTER DRIVER DOWNLOAD FOR 123.HP.COM/OJ5740 SETUP PRINTER
Install your 123.hp.com/oj5740 setup printer for a USB cable connection that can be used in your Windows computer. You can set up the full feature HP driver for getting the best of the USB connected printer. Evaluate the requirements and delete any prior installed printer versions from Windows to get your HP OJ 5740 printer up and running for the USB connection and driver setup procedure. Go to our site and carry out the onscreen prompts to download your driver. Confirm whether your OS is appropriate. Then, under Driver-Product Installation Software, use the download option of Download next to the full feature driver. Carry out the onscreen guidelines to make use of the guided Assistant, or opt for Download only to save and run the driver file straight from your computer.
You can download the full feature driver or make use of the driver got through Apple Software Update. Go to our website for availing the full feature software. Ascertain that your operating system version is the right one. Under Driver-Installation Software, touch Download adjacent to the full feature driver and then look for the .dmg file in the HP Officejet 5740 download folder to initiate the installation. You can form a print queue by making use of the Add Printer option. After the Add window initiates, opt for your printer’s name. Then tap Use or Print Using menu and select your printer’s name in the pop-up menu. Then you can add your 123.hp.com/oj5740 setup printer.
Install Your New 123.hp.com/oj5740 Setup Printer With These Simple Steps
Printers have become part and parcel of our offices, and to a considerable degree, to our homes too. When your HP OJ 5740 printer is shipped to your destination, you should unpack it and then pay heed to the guidelines available in the printer’s manual as far as removal of all packaging is concerned. By and large, printers have a good packaging, that is laced with stickers, tapes and other protection functionalities.
Once you have removed the packaging, you should take care to install the OJ 5740 printer and set it up for the first time. Attaching the power cord, setting the preferences including language, date and time, and installing the cartridges should be focused. Take care to install the software and driver for your printer after installing the hardware. Now let’s have a glance at how to install the new 123.hp.com/setup 5740 printer with these simple guidelines:
- The primary step is to remove the OJ 5740 printer from its box.
- Ensure that all the components are available.
- Opening the scanner lid and taking away the tape and packing materials from the scanner glass should also be concentrated on.
- The packing materials from the photo tray, input tray and output tray should also be removed. Link the back side of your printer with the power cord.
- Attach the other end to the power outlet. Switch on your printer and allow it to perform the initialization.
- You can then customize your preferences including language, date, and time.
- Pulling the input tray, pushing in the photo tray, and adjusting the paper width guides should be performed prior to inserting the pile of paper into the input tray.
- Gently slide in the width guides. Ensure that there is no route to paper jam by pushing in the paper tray until it clicks into place.
- Opening the cartridge access door and taking away the cartridge from its package (for taking away the protective tape, pull the orange tab) are to be carried out for sliding the new cartridge into the empty slot.
- Perform these steps again for all the other cartridges.
- Once the alignment is over, the HP OJ 5740 printer prints an alignment page.
- Now it’s time for installing the printer’s driver and software.
- In case of Windows, you can go to our site and trail the onscreen steps to download your printer driver.
- With USB as the connection type, follow these steps if the download is not successful.
- Navigate to our website and check with the compatibility of the operating system.
- You can download the full feature driver from the Printer Installation Software section in HP Officejet 5740 Driver. Then save and execute the driver file from your computer.
- In case of Mac, choose USB as the connection option and use the Add Printer option to create a new queue.
- When the Add window opens, choose your printer and make use of the Use or Print Using menu.
- After choosing your printer’s name in the pop-up menu, tap Add.
Now your 123.hp.com/oj5740 setup printer is all set for use!
HP Officejet 5740 Printer Functionality
Printing the desired documents with the best result is not a big deal for the users who are using this printer. Simple instructions are provided for the customer’s convenience. Avail the duplex printing option to save the paper consumption. Read More…
In the growing technology most of the printer models have Wireless connectivity. One such printer is 123.hp.com/oj5740 setup printer. All you need is an active Internet connection to make use of this printer on various platforms. Read More…
Sending the softcopy of the required document is made easy by using the fax option. Connect the printer to the computer, check the compatibility, configure it as a fax machine, choose the document, and send or save it as a fax. Read More…
Make use of the USB setup to install the printer driver and software on your Mac or Windows computer. The HP Officejet 5740 drivers which are supported with USB can only be used to install the printer driver. Read More…
Apple users are the beneficiary of AirPrint feature. This is meant to print photos and documents straight from your Apple devices. All you have to do is check the compatibility before you proceed. Read More…
Use this HP OJ 5740 printer, scan a document, attach it with the valid email id, and send it to whatever email account you want. Before scanning the document check the compatibility and the file type. Read More…
Print Head Maintenance Tips For 123.hp.com/oj5740 Setup Printer
Suppose you are experiencing issues with printing, you might have an issue with printhead. You can follow these steps for printhead maintenance:
- The printhead nozzles are delicate areas; dont try to touch them or wipe them for the purpose of printhead cleaning.
- Do not make use of the printheads roughly-ensure that you place them down gently.
- Ensure that you don’t drop the printheads. Proper handling will ascertain a life-long efficient performance of the printheads.
Generally, a printer will stop working, even though the cartridge consists of more ink. In this situation, the issue generally relates to clogged print heads.
What steps will you take if your printhead gets clogged?
- You can avail the self-cleaning feature of the printer.
- If not, you can perform manual cleaning by gently rubbing a cotton swab that is dipped in water across the print head.
CHANGE INK CARTRIDGE FOR HP OJ 5740 PRINTER
You can change the available ink cartridge and use a genuine one to get the best out of your printer. At the time of installing a new cartridge, the 123.hp.com/oj5740 setup printer performs a cartridge alignment. Feed paper in the input tray, and then change one or both cartridges as required. You can get a substitute for one or both of the cartridges.
- Touch the Power button to power on the OJ 5740 printer. Access the cartridge access door.
- The Door Open screen exhibits on the printer’s control panel asking you to completely close the door.Mildly press down on the low or empty cartridge to liberate it.
- Detach the cartridge from the slot on the left to change the tri-color cartridge.
- Detach the cartridge from the slot on the right to change the black cartridge.
- Detach the new cartridge from its package. Ensure that you touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Pull the orange tab to take away the protective tape from the cartridge.
- Adjust the new cartridge at a somewhat upward angle into the empty slot, and then mildly push up on the cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Place the tri-color cartridge into the left slot.
- Place the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Shut the cartridge access door. When the door is totally closed, the Door Open screen showing the message that the cover or door must be entirely closed, disappears.
- Halt for the OJ 5740 printer to adjust and align the cartridges.