HP 5740 PRINTER TROUBLESHOOTING
HP 5740 Troubleshooting – wont install correctly
- In cases when the Printer won’t install correctly due to HP 5740 Printer Troubleshooting, you should be able to add the printer with the help of an alternate print driver. The suggested driver to use is the HP Deskjet 990c driver.
- To add the OJ 5740 printer using the HP Deskjet 990c driver:
- Access Printers and Faxes and Tap Add a Printer.
- Choose “local printer attached to this computer” and tap next.
- Choose LPT:1 for the printing port and tap next.
- Select HP on the left side and then Select HP Deskjet 990c on the right side and tap next.
- Label the printer Officejet 5740 and tap next.
- There is no need to share the printer. Tap next and print a test page.
HP 5740 Troubleshooting – Ink cartridge issue
- When there is ink cartridge issue, follow these solutions. After performing each solution, examine the printer control panel to view if the error message displays. If the message still exhibits, go to the next solution until the issue is fixed.
- Ensure that the cartridges are compatible.
- Detach, examine and reseat the cartridges.
- Clean the electrical contacts for avoiding cartridge failure.
- Detach, inspect and re-attach the cartridges again.
- Perform cleaning the electrical contacts again.
- Perform resetting the OJ 5740 printer.
- Change one or both cartridges, for resolving HP 5740 Printer Troubleshooting.
- The printer’s lights displays the printer’s status.
- These lights can be on, off, or flashing, based on the status of the printer.
- When the power light is blinking, it means that that the printer is getting ready to print. The light halts blinking when the printer had got all information.
- When the Resume light is blinking, verify the following conditions:
- The printer may not have enough paper.
- Mount paper in the input tray.
- Turn on the printer.
- When you attempt to scan, you may get a message that the scanner is momentarily unavailable. You can download and run the Print and Scan Doctor. Attempt scanning by means of USB connection or wireless connection depending on the connection.
- Perform a hard reset: Keep the printer powered on and detach the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 1 minute.
- Then re-link the power cable to the printer and wall outlet. Don’t use a surge protector.
- Ensure that the printer is linked straight to a wall outlet that confirms the printer is receiving full power.
HP 5740 Printer Troubleshooting – Paper Jam
- You can view paper jams from the bottom of the printer, instead of the backside of the printer:
- Switch on the OJ 5740 printer if it is not already switched on.
- Halt until the OJ 5740 printer is idle and noiseless before you continue.
- With the printer still on, detach the power cord from the back of the printer, and then detach the power cord from the power source or electrical jack.
- Detach the USB cable from the back side of the printer, suppose you have a cable connection to the printer.
- Tilt the OJ 5740 printer onto its right side so you can reach its underside. Ensure that you hold the printer tightly with one hand to prevent tipping.
- Avail a flashlight to examine the surface directly under and around where the printer has the following:
- Pieces of paper cornered in the input tray
- Objects such as cables, pens etc.
- Soft surfaces.
- Eliminate any hindrances that might remain.
- Slide in the input tray, and then tilt the printer over to the vertical position.
- Re-link the power cord to the back side of the printer, and then attach the power cord to an electrical outlet.
- Re-link the USB or Ethernet cable.
- Switch on the OJ 5740 printer.
- The printer might experience a warm-up period and the carriage might make a movement. Halt until the warm-up period completes.
- The print quality can enhance in a considerable time.
- Ensure that the paper you are availing is correct for the print activity.
- If not, remount the OJ 5740 printer with a correct paper type.
- Examine the print settings to ensure that they are proper for your print activity.
- Look out for ink smears on the back side of printouts.
- Examine the estimated ink levels and then change any low or empty cartridges.
- Print and analyze a Print Quality Diagnostic Report, and then set right any defect.
Need Technical Support Call Our
Toll Free : 1-866-309-6188
HP 5740 Troubleshooting – Not printing color
- Avail authentic ink cartridges for your OJ 5740 printer.
- Several print quality HP Officejet 5740 problems, including poor black text or issues that take place with newly installed cartridges, are eliminated with the printer’s automatic servicing routine.
- Change the problem cartridge if you found issues on the Print Quality Diagnostic report and the preceding steps did not set right the HP Officejet 5740 Problems. This is applicable even if the available cartridge is not low on ink.
Printer goes Offline (Windows)
- Get the benefit of HP Print and Scan Doctor to examine connectivity.
- Opt for the originally installed driver instead of the default print driver and make sure the printer is not adjusted for offline use. Reset the printer and check the status.
- Suppose the driver is availing wrong communication port, the printer remains offline. Hence, select the right port.
- Since a manual IP address connection is a better method and the printer rarely goes offline, you can make use of it and then Now include a printer port to Windows that suits this new IP address.
Printer goes Offline (Mac)
- Resetting power to the OJ 5740 printer makes the printer to reset saved values in the firmware.
- Browse for multiple devices in the Printers list.
- Delete any extra entries.
- Delete the printer queue from the entry of printers, and then include it again so that you form a new printing session.
- Suppose all the earlier HP 5740 printer troubleshooting did not fix the issue, endeavor resetting the printing system.
HP 5740 Printer Troubleshooting – Photo tray blocked
- It is suggested to perform a hard reset.
- With the OJ 5740 printer switched on, detach the power cord from the back side of the printer.
- Halt for 60 seconds. Relink the power cord to the back side of the OJ 5740 printer.
- Now switch on the OJ 5740 printer. Take away all paper from the printer and re-add it.