HP Officejet 5740 Scan Setup
HP Officejet 5740 Scan to computer, scan to pdf and email
For scanning an image or document through the control panel to your computer, confirm that the computer is powered on, the full-feature printer driver is successfully setup, and the HP Officejet 5740 Scan Setup printer is linked to the computer by means of a USB cable or over your local wireless network.
Step 1: Input the photo or document
- Scanner glass: In the scanner glass, adjust the photo or document with the print side down. Subsequently, position it with reference to the etched guides around the glass.
- ADF: Use the document feed tray to place the item. Position the width guides to fit the item for HP Officejet 5740 Scan to Computer.
Step 2: Perform scanning the item
- After scanning, send the item to a specific folder on the computer.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap Scan > Computer > Name of the Computer > Scan Shortcut.
- Then choose a shortcut that matches the item you are scanning.
Save as PDF
- Avail this setting to scan text documents that cannot be edited.
- Avail the Save as Editable Text (OCR) to scan text that is editable.
- Tap Start Scan. The HP Officejet 5740 Scan Setup printer scans the item and then saves it to the specific destination.
Scan directly to email (for wireless Internet connections)
- To use this functionality, ensure that the printer is linked to the wireless network and that Web Services is activated. Confirm that the OJ 5740 printer is switched on and linked to your local wireless network with a stable Internet connection.
- Tap the Wireless icon on the printer control panel to verify the connection status. Tap the Web Services icon to ensure that Web Services is enabled on your HP Officejet 5740 Scan Setup printer.
- Initially, you must set up an email profile. Subsequently, use the printer’s control panel. Tap the Scan icon and then tap Email. You can view the Welcome screen and then tap Continue. Navigate to the inside of the Email box, key in your email address, and then tap Done. A PIN is transmitted to the email address you keyed in. Tap Continue. Tap PIN, key in the PIN you received in your email, and then tap Done.
- Tap Store Email or Auto-login, according to how you wish the printer to save your login information. You can then scan. After switching on the printer, load the document for HP Officejet 5740 Scan Setup.
- Scanner glass: Ensure that the item is placed with reference to the engraved guides around the glass.
- ADF: Ensure that you adjust the width guides to suit the item.
- Choose your scan type and key in the email address. On the printer’s control panel, Scan icon > Email. On the control panel display, opt for the account that you wish to use, and then tap Continue. Tap the name of the email profile that you created, key in the password if urged, and then scan the item.
HP Officejet 5740 Printing photos
- Input photo paper into the main paper tray.
- Place the short edge of the photo paper into the tray.
- If the paper is equipped with a perforated tab for handling the photo once it prints, feed the paper so the tab faces upward or towards you to avoid printing on it.
- Adjust the paper width guides so they are situated against the edges of the paper.
- Open the print window and document properties to start the print job.
- Edit the photo to customize settings for HP Officejet 5740 Printing Photos.
- Right-click the photo you prefer to print, opt for Open with.
- Select Windows Photo Viewer or Paint.Print > File or Paint > Print
- The Print Pictures window initiates along with general print activity settings.
- Go to the Document Properties window to avail more settings.
- Avail the Preferences option in the Print window in Paint.
- You can avail print job settings for photos in the Document Properties window.
- Access the photo, File > Print. Avail the Show Details option if you can’t find any.
- You can navigate to the Presets menu and then opt for an option that best suits your print job or paper type.
- Choose the Orientation of the photo for HP Officejet 5740 Printing Photos.
- From the Paper Size menu, choose the paper and customize the size as well.
- Avail the unnamed menu found at the center of the window to customize any setting.