HP Officejet 5740 USB connecting mode
Set up your printer for a HP Officejet 5740 USB cable link to a Windows or Mac computer. You can make use of the full feature HP driver.
- Examine the requirements and remove any prior installed printer versions from Windows or Mac to arrange for the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Make sure that the OJ 5740 printer is switched on and in an active state.Get hold of a HP Printer USB cable .
- Make sure that there is an existing USB port on your computer: If you link through a USB hub or docking station, the OJ 5740 printer might not receive sufficient power to correctly operate.
- If you linked the USB cable to the computer before setting up the HP driver, proceed with these steps to delete the printer from the installed devices to confirm of a successful setup. Otherwise install the driver.
- Detach the HP Officejet 5740 USB cable from the computer. Do not relink the cable until indicated during the driver installation step.
- Browse Windows for ‘devices’, and then tap the Devices and Printers control panel setting in the generated results.
- Right-tap the icon for your printer’s model, and then tap Remove device. If several icons are available for the printer, delete them all.
- Exit from the Devices and Printers window..
- Download and install the best existing print driver to finish the USB connection.
- Go to our site’s Software and Driver Downloads section and make sure that your operating system is appropriate.
- Under Driver-Product Installation Software, download the full feature driver and then perform the on-screen instructions. You can also choose Download only to save and run the driver file from your computer.
- When signaled by the installer, choose HP Printer USB Cable as the printer’s connection option.
- Detach the HP Printer USB cable from the computer. Do not re-attach the cable until asked during the driver installation step.
- A full feature driver download or is available to download, or avail the driver through Apple Software Update.
- Go to our site’s Software and Driver Downloads section and under Driver-Product Installation Software, make use of the full feature driver. Access the .dmg file in the Downloads folder or browser bar.
- After choosing HP Officejet 5740 USB as the connection option, tap Add Printer. This forms a print queue.
- After the Add window initiates, tap Name of your printer > Use or Print Using menu > Name of your printer in the pop-up menu > Add.
- Now you can endeavor printing, scanning or faxing.