HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup for Printer
In the current scenario, wireless printers are the most preferred for home and office printing. They have an incredible convenience factor since they directly communicate with the network; there is no need to install the device using wires and cables. Besides, the functionalities of mobile and cloud printing gives the users the ease of printing from virtually any location. Wireless printers don’t have to be adjacent to your computers. Most wireless printers are simple to setup and the user’s lack of knowledge only will make the process difficult. But there is nothing to worry, given that the manual will be of great assistance. We will also help you set up the printer over your HP Officejet 5740 wireless network conveniently.
HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Setup (Windows)
- Initially, be ready with the network name and password, and then ensure that the router, your OJ 5740 printer, and computer are switched on.
- Certain essentials like a computer linked to your wireless network, satisfactory Internet connection, the computer linked to the same wireless network as that of your printer, the powered printer, and the printer in proximity of the computer and within range of the router, goes a long way in the smooth functioning of the printer.
- Any USB or Ethernet cable can be detached from the printer.
- Avail the Wireless Setup Wizard through the control panel. This can be reached through tapping Wireless > Settings > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The control panel will guide you through instructions to set up the HP Officejet 5740 wireless printer over your network.
- You can then download and set up the full feature software from our website or by means of the installation CD.
- When installing from our site, go to the Software and Driver Downloads section and then perform the onscreen instructions to navigate to the download page. It is recommended that you download the full feature driver.
Call Us : 1-866-309-6188
HP Officejet 5740 Wireless Printer Setup (Mac)
- A network name and password are two important elements while setting up the OJ 5740 printer over your wireless network. Besides, the router, printer and computer should be switched on. A viable Internet access, the computer linked to the same HP 5740 wireless setup network to which you wish to link the printer, the printer and computer in closeness and the printer within reach of the router, are also other things to be taken care of prior to setting up the HP Officejet 5740 wireless network.
- Any USB or Ethernet cable available in the printer is not needed at this point.
- You can connect the printer to the wireless network with the help of the Wireless Setup Wizard. The printer’s control panel comes into the scene here. Tap Wireless > Settings > Wireless Settings > Wireless Setup Wizard and then carry out the instructions on the control panel.
- You can then install the up to date Mac print driver for your OJ 5740 printer from our site. Navigate to the Software and Driver Downloads section on our site and then access the .dmg file to commence the installation.
- Perform the on-screen steps to set up the printer and subsequently install the software. You can use the Add Printer option to form a print queue.
- When the Add window initiates, tap the name of your printer. From there, tap the Use or Print Using menu, opt for the name of your printer in the displayed pop-up menu, then tap Add. You printer’s driver will be installed.
When the HP 5740 wireless setup printer has been accomplished, all the devices including the computer, laptops and tablets should send a print job to the OJ 5740 printer.
How to connect printer using WPS PIN and PUSH button method
WPS has two ways to connect devices together to a wireless connection. They are termed as “pushbutton” and “PIN”. Generally, Pushbutton is the simple method.
There are some requirements that are required to be adhered to so as to avail the WPS pushbutton mode:
- Your printer and HP Officejet 5740 wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode.
- The wireless router must consist of a physical WPS pushbutton.
- Your network must avail WPA or WPA2 security. Most WPS wireless routers will not link using the WPS method if WEP or no security is availed.
- To link your wireless printer to your wireless router with the help of WPS method:
- Commence the WPS pushbutton mode on your OJ 5740printer.
- You can look at your printer’s manual for instructions on commencing WPS on your printer.
- Within 120 seconds, tap the WPS button on your router.
All routers with WPS support have a PIN code that’s generated by itself and it cannot be modified by users. You can know about this PIN from the WPS configuration page available on your router. Certain devices not having a WPS button but with WPS support will ask for that PIN. If you index it, they certify themselves and link to the wireless network.